1 HaberdasHer: Yer A Wizard Harry - A Tour of the Harry Potter Studios

Sunday 1 June 2014

Yer A Wizard Harry - A Tour of the Harry Potter Studios

Yet another birthday themed post (come on Jenessa, it's June now, give it up!), but I couldn't resist sharing the last brilliant bit of my big day. When I turned 21 I really wasn't expecting anything other than a Chinese takeway and maybe a few cards, so I was super excited to go out for lunch in a lovely pub with my Mum, Dad and Brother, plus my Aunt and Uncle. Imagine my surprise when my Dad's 'nice countryside drive' after ended up here.


Seriously. Anyone who knows me can attest that I am a massive Harry Potter fan, and after seeing endless friends visit the studios, I was tres jealous. I practically skipped from the car to the entrance, ready to collect my birthday badge and immerse myself in the wonderful world of Witchcraft and Wizardry.





















I shan't write too much more so as not to spoilt it for anyone who hasn't yet been, but it was definitely worth every minute. To read every plaque, take in every piece of handcrafted design and really immerse yourself in the experience, you could be there all day, which really surprised me as I initially had my suspicions that it might just be a bit of a money spinner. What a lovely way for a legacy of stories to live on.

Have you visited anywhere fun recently? 



No comments:

Post a Comment